“IPOB is dead and gone” – Lai Mohammed
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has stated that the successful conduct of the governorship election in Anambra state last Saturday shows that the Nnamdi Kanu-led Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, is dead and gone.
According to the Information Minister, the turnout of voters during the polls has diminished the IPOB.
Lai said this while addressing reporters in Abuja, the nation’s capital on Wednesday, against reported call by the pro-Biafra group for indigenes to stay away on the election day.
His words, “I think what that proved really is that IPOB does not represent the good people of Anambra or any state in the South East.”
He said the IPOB propaganda about the election really showed that they are not on ground.
“The people of Anambra have shown that there is no alternative to democracy and that they believe in one Nigeria and federal system of government. If there are issues to be resolved, let us resolve it. But terrorism and separatism is not the answer.
“I think the Anambra election has sounded the death knell on IPOB because they said election will never hold. The election has come and gone, the turnout was quite reasonable.
“Every party competed very competitively and at the end of the day, the people of Anambra have decided who is going to be their governor.”
- Biafra: US dragged to court for not declaring Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB terrorists
- Finally!IPOB Gives ‘Genuine’ Reason It’s Calling for Boycott of Elections
- BREAKING: Do Not Provoke Us To Do Our Worst–Angry Nnamdi Kanu, Sends Buhari Final Warning Message [Must Read]
- I was Offered Only 5 Igbo States, Oil Block, Dubai Mansion – Nnamdi Kanu Reveals the Offer He Got from Prison
- “If we don’t get a referendum on Biafra’s independence, there will be no elections in the South East”- IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu, says in new interview
- IPOB Messiah, Nnamdi Kanu Drops Another Shocking Revelation About President Buhari, Reveals his recent condition
- Biafra: What will happen to Kanu’s sureties if he is not in court on Tuesday
- BIAFRA LATEST: Full Details Why Court Adjourned Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial To October
- Nnamdi Kanu is back! Finally breaks silence from hiding place
- Nnamdi Kanu Excludes This Popular State From Biafra, Reveals The State He Will Claim If Referendum Is Granted [Must Read]